What is PPN 06/21?
Procurement Policy Note 06/21 (PPN 06/21) is a framework published by the UK government, which states that all organisations wishing to procure public sector contracts with a value of more than £5 million must have an annually updated Carbon Reduction Plan (CRP) in place and commit to achieving Net Zero by 2050 at the latest.
At McGrady Clarke, our carbon experts support organisations captured under PPN 06/21 in producing their CRPs, including calculation of their emissions associated with the required categories:
- Gas, electricity and onsite fuel consumption in all UK sites
- Fuel use in company vehicle fleet
- Upstream and downstream logistics
- Employee commuting and homeworking
- Waste generated in operations
- Business travel